Firstplan are the retained planning consultant for Brewdog Bars, and provide continued planning advice and representation in relation to their expanding bar, restaurant and off license portfolio across the UK.
Our work with Brewdog requires attention to detail alongside creative, proactive planning strategies to help overcome challenges quickly in order to meet restrictive timescales and help facilitate the company’s rapid expansion programme.
Firstplan’s role covers a wide breadth of areas, including:
- Carrying out feasibility appraisals and due diligence in respect of proposed new sites;
- Preparing and submitting planning applications and securing consents for various works including change of use, shopfront alterations, new signage, and ventilation and extract equipment;
- Negotiating with local authorities to justify additional night-time and drinking-related uses in contentious locations;
- Securing listed building consents in relation to works associated with refurbishment and fit out of a number of the company’s historic buildings;
- Varying restrictive planning conditions, including extending permitted trading hours;
- Advising on and dealing with planning enforcement matters.